Cookies are files that may be downloaded to your machine from websites. They are tools that are essential to the provision of numerous information society services. Among other functions, they enable a website to store and recover information on a user’s or a computer’s browsing habits. Depending on the information obtained, they may be used to identify users and to improve the service on offer.
Types of cookies
Depending on the organisation managing the domain sending cookies and handling the data gathered, cookies can be divided into two categories: proprietary and third-party cookies.
Cookies may also be categorised according to the time period during which they remain stored in the client’s browser, either being session cookies or persistent cookies.
Finally, cookies may be divided into five categories depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is used: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analytical cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
Cookies used on the website
Shown below are the cookies used on this website and their types and functions:
INASOR’s website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google which allows browsing on web pages to be measured and analysed. You will be able to see 4 cookies belonging to this service in your browser. According to the types listed above, these may be proprietary cookies, session cookies or analytical cookies.
The web analytics service provides information relating to the number of users accessing the site, the number of pages visited, the frequency and return rate of visits, the duration of visits, the browser used, the service provider, language, the terminal used or the city to which their IP address is allocated. This information enables the website to offer a better and more suitable service.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
You can do the following regarding this information:
- Accept cookies. This notification will not be shown again upon accessing any page of the website during the current session.
- Close. The notice is hidden for the current page.
- Change settings. You can access more information on cookies, view INASOR’s Cookies Policy and change your browser settings.
How to change cookie settings
Though your browser, you can restrict, block or delete cookies from the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism or from any other website. The procedure is different for each browser; the Help function will demonstrate how it is done.
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10″
- FireFox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es”
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
You can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/